Over the course of my life, I’ve written hundreds of short stories and the beginnings of several longer stories. I’ve never finished a longer story though, and most of the short stories have found their way into the trash. I used to be too much of a perfectionist and as I am far from being perfect in any way, no piece of writing has ever been good enough. Some writings have survived though, especially in more recent years, and I’ve decided to just share some of it and to ignore the fact that some of it may actually be quite terrible.
A warning for the reader: Most of these stories are incomplete.
Holding On by Letting Go (A short story involving a ghost and his still living girlfriend – complete)
Never Underestimate the Power of a Smile (Originally published to the blog – actually complete as is)
Master of Dreams & A Touch of Green includes the following divisions:
- Dream Walker Awakening (incomplete prologue to an incomplete story)
- Master of Dreams (incomplete long story)
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
- Sarah (A short segment that I found in my journal and that I think falls between Master of Dreams and A Touch of Green)
- A Touch of Green (A later point in the Master of Dreams story. I had originally thought to make this the beginning of a third book, but I became too dissatisfied with my writing ability and left off writing.)
- A Touch of Green – Extension (After getting stuck in the previous story, I skipped ahead to write about a point further on)
- Green Resurrection (Just the prologue and first two paragraphs of what might have become a long story. The character speaking at the beginning is Dylan from A Touch of Green.)
Reality or a Dream (incomplete start to what would have been the beginning of a book about my experiences with dreams)
Wolfsong (It was meant to be the beginning of a longer story, but I don’t even remember where I was headed now.)